Hyaluronic Acid is a compound naturally present in the human body. It is highly concentrated in fluids in the eyes and the joints, where it acts as a cushion and lubricant due to its moisture retention capabilities. Able to hold up to 1000 times its molecular weight in water, hyaluronic acid is a truly unique compound.
It’s not surprising, then, to learn that hyaluronic acid is utilized in a variety of medicinal ways to treat a host of different conditions. It is used to treat cataracts, cancer, improve osteoarthritis, and promote the healing of wounds, just to name a few.
The reason we’re talking about hyaluronic acid now is because of its dermatologic relevance. When applied topically, hyaluronic acid works in a number of ways to enhance the health and appearance of your complexion.
- Hydration. Hyaluronic acid provides deep, rich moisture to the skin, infusing hydration down to the dermis to stimulate skin cell activity and provide a plump, vibrant complexion. At the same time, its humectant properties draw moisture form the surrounding environment for lasting hydration benefits.
- Healing. Hyaluronic acid boosts the skin’s natural healing processes, decreasing healing times and soothing inflammation, irritation, and redness.
- Stimulation. The anti-aging benefits of hyaluronic acid come from it’s ability to stimulate skin cell proliferation and cellular production of collagen and elastin. Not only does it provide a healthy environment for skin cells to work, but it also activates them to do so.
- Enhancement. Hyaluronic acid fortifies the skin’s natural barriers, locking moisture and nutrients in while keeping damaging age-factors out.
- Conditioning. The hydrating power of hyaluronic acid gives the skin a softer, suppler look and feel. Almost instantaneously after applying Cosmedica Hyaluronic Acid Serum, you’ll notice a more vibrant complexion with a silky-smooth finish.
Hyaluronic acid truly is an amazing compound, which is why Cosmedica features it in a number of its amazing, anti-aging products.